Ocean City recertified as STORM READY COMMUNITY JUNE 22 2008
Americans live in the most severe weather-prone country on Earth. Each year, Americans cope with an average of 10,000 thunderstorms, 2,500 floods, 1,000 tornadoes, as well as an average of 6 deadly hurricanes. Potentially deadly weather impacts every American. Communities can now rely on the National Weather Service’s StormReady program to help them guard against the ravages of Mother Nature.
Some 90% of all presidentially declared disasters are weather related, leading to around 500 deaths per year and nearly $14 billion in damage. StormReady, a program started in 1999 in Tulsa, OK, helps arm America's communities with the communication and safety skills needed to save lives and property– before and during the event. StormReady helps community leaders and emergency managers strengthen local safety programs.
StormReady communities are better prepared to save lives from the onslaught of severe weather through better planning, education, and awareness. No community is storm proof, but StormReady can help communities save lives. Does StormReady make a difference?
Click Here For More Information on STORM READY
Other Latest News:
- 2011-08-22, Emergency Alert Systems CLICK HERE !!! for Radio and Television broadcast stations in this area)
- 2011-08-01, Ocean City Emergency Operating Plan Annexes Described
- 2006-10-06, ALERT AM EMERGENCY ADVISORY RADIO STATION
- 2006-10-06, Historic Tide references for flooding in Cape May County
- 2009-09-15, ALL HAZARD MITIGATION PLANNING CONTINUES IN OCEAN CITY
- 2008-06-15, Ocean City recertified as STORM READY COMMUNITY JUNE 22 2008
- 2008-05-08, OCEAN CITY EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT STARTS SPECIAL NEEDS REGISTRY
- 2008-06-15, OC OEM AND GLOBAL CONNECT PARTNER TO SHOWCHASE EMERGENCY NOTIFICATION SYSTEM IN OCEAN CITY
- 2009-07-09, OC OEM STARTS AMATEUR RADIO NET
- 2011-08-22, 1. ARE YOU READY FOR THE BIG ONE SOUTH JERSEY
The following are PDF or WORD files. Click on any of the articles below to download and view: